Maryland Faith Health Network
Organizing and aligning resources in the faith and health care communities to care for the sick
Maryland hospitals are now taking a more active role in helping members of your community stay healthy. One way to leverage these changes on behalf of your congregants/members and ministries is to join the Maryland Faith Community Health Network.
The Maryland Faith Health Network is a free pilot project with LifeBridge Health based on the successful Congregational Health Network program from Memphis TN where hospitals and trained volunteers in faith communities work together to better serve ailing members.
Benefits of joining the Network for Congregations:
- Know right away when someone in the congregation is admitted to the hospital if your congregant consents to have you notified.
- Deploy existing ministry resources more efficiently.
- Provide meaningful volunteer opportunities and ongoing training to promote the health of the congregation.
- Access free health promotion resources to promote the health of your congregation.
Benefits of joining the Network for Individuals:
- With your permission, your faith leader will know right away when you need prayers and support.
- Your caregiver will have a community of support to help them as they help you
- Excellent coordination of care both in and out of the hospital
- A direct line for support if question or concerns arise after discharge from the hospital
Description of the Network
- First, enter into an agreement with the Network, appoint an appropriate contact person and encourage members of the congregation to enroll.
- When congregants are admitted to a LifeBridge hospital, they can show their network card and the hospital will contact your appointed representative to let them know that they’d appreciate a call or a visit from someone at the congregation and any other support the congregation can offer.
- Finally, when the congregant goes home, the congregant and representative will have a single point person at the hospital to contact to resolve any issues, questions or complications.
Resources to learn more:
- Maryland Faith Health Network Informational Packet
- Articles about the MFHN
- Network Memorandum of Understanding
- Congregations with signed MOU’s
- Baltimore City Council Resolution
- County Council of Baltimore County Resolution
- County Commissioners of Carroll County Proclamation
- Maryland Faith Health Network Toolkit and Training Materials