The mission of the Health Care for All! Coalition is to create quality, affordable, comprehensive health care coverage for all Marylanders through research, policy advocacy, education, and civic engagement. Given that we are a 501-C-3 nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, volunteers are critical to our mission. The Coalition is committed to creating and supporting mutually rewarding volunteer projects and internships.
For many years, our student interns have been an integral part of our movement. Interns from high school, college and graduate programs representing the fields of social work, law, medicine, and retired professionals have worked to advance our mission. We are very respectful of a student schedule and can be very flexible. We fully reimburse documented mileage, parking and other costs incurred as a result of the internship. We also work to provide paid internships as funding allows.
* Commit to the number of hours/week you can sustain.
* Be friendly, respectful, and professional when representing the the Coalition in writing or in conversation.
* We will be on hand to answer questions and provide all the tools you need to complete the project (computer, internet, comfortable space to work).
* With successful completion of a minimum two month (minimum 5 hours per week) volunteer commitment, you can ask for a letter of recommendation or a job reference.
* Matching of volunteer / internship tasks to your interests as much as possible.
* Academic credit (depending on your academic program)