404 Not Found
Health reform works.
In Maryland alone, over 300,000 people have gained access to quality, affordable health care thanks to bi-partisan reform enacted by our state legislature since 2007.
- Expanded Medicaid eligibility for working families and foster kids
- Helped young adults stay on their parents’ health insurance up to age 25
- Provided discounts on prescription drugs to seniors
- Improved access to mental health and substance abuse treatment for low-income adults
- Created health care grants to help small businesses provide benefits to their employees
Now, by re-electing President Obama, the American people reaffirmed the Affordable Care Act (ACA). We look forward to working closely with the O’Malley-Brown Administration to fully implement the ACA in Maryland. With President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, over 300,000 more Marylanders are expected to gain coverage, reducing the percentage of Maryland’s uninsured population by 50%! Maryland is in the lead of states working to implement the law, which means:
- New consumer protections and elimination of the “hidden health care tax“
- Millions of dollars in federal grants and enhanced federal match for new Medicaid recipients
- More seniors who can afford their prescription drugs
- More young adults who can stay insured by staying on their parents’ health insurance to age 26
- Valuable new tax credits for small businesses that provide health insurance for their employees
And so much more! Check out the rest of our site to learn how the health reform law can help you and your family get quality, affordable health care.