I AM A HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
- New investments in training programs to increase the number of primary care providers
- Scholarships, loans, and grants support health professionals and training
- Medicare will increase payment for mental health psychotherapy services by 5%.
- Preventive and screening benefit expansions in Medicaid, Medicare and private health plans
- 5-year demonstration grants awarded to states to develop, implement, and evaluate alternatives to current tort litigations (a/k/a investments in medical-malpractice reform)
- Grants provided to employ individuals and provide training to family nurse practitioners who provide primary care
- Trauma center program established to strengthen ER and trauma center capacity
- 10% incentive payments for all physicians in family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics and pediatrics from 2011–2016. Medicare charges for office, nursing facility and home visits must comprise at least 60% of your total Medicare charges.
- 10% Medicare incentive payment for general surgeons in health professional shortage areas for major procedures from 2011-2016
- Additional Medicare payments to qualifying hospitals in counties with the lowest quartile Medicare spending for 2011-2012 (this rewards hospitals that keep us healthy and therefore have lower health care costs)
- Increase Medicare payments for certain preventive services to 100% of actual charges or fee schedule rates.
- New demonstration projects in Medicaid to pay bundled payments for episodes of care that include hospitalizations, pediatric accountable care organizations, emergency room mental health stabilization visits.
- New rules implemented to standardize and streamline health insurance claims processing requirements. Physicians benefit as it will be easier to track claims and, in many cases, should improve physician revenue cycles and lower overhead costs.
- Required disclosure of financial relationships between health entities
- Raised Medicaid payments to family medicine physicians, general internists, and pediatricians to at least Medicare rates for evaluation, management services and immunizations
- New payment reform pilot projects within Medicare to develop and evaluate bundled payment for acute, inpatient hospital services, physician services, outpatient hospital services, and post-acute care services for an episode of care
Insurance reforms also provide your patients with coverage they count on—ensuring their policies aren’t rescinded when they get sick or that they can stay covered even after losing a job.