Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
The mission of the Health Care for All! Coalition is to create quality, affordable, comprehensive health care coverage for all Marylanders through research, policy advocacy, education, and civic engagement. Given that we are a 501-C-3 nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, volunteers are critical to our mission. The Coalition is committed to creating and supporting mutually rewarding volunteer projects and internships.
What we expect of our volunteers and interns
* Only commit to a number of hours/week you can sustain.
* Be friendly, respectful, and professional when representing the the Coalition in writing or in conversation.
What volunteers and interns can expect of Health Care for All!
* We will be on hand to answer questions about the project
* You will have all the tools you need to complete the project (computer, internet, comfortable space to work).
* With successful completion of a minimum two month (minimum 5 hours per week) volunteer commitment, you can ask for a letter of recommendation or a job reference.
* Matching of volunteer / internship tasks to your interests as much as possible.
* Academic credit (depending on your academic program) For many years, our student interns have been an integral part of our movement. We’ve had interns from high school, college and programs representing the fields of social work, law, medicine, and much more come through our office. We are very respectful of a student schedule so don’t let your “unique” schedule problems scare you away from “changing the world”.