I have a pre-existing condition
Health reform stops the insurance company tricks that allow them to deny health insurance to Marylanders with pre-existing conditions.
- An interim high-risk pool will provide immediate access to insurance for Marylanders who for at least 6 months have not been able to get coverage because of a pre-existing condition. This pool will operate until 2014 when the full health reforms come online.
- Lower income Marylanders will be eligible for subsidies to help them purchase coverage through the high-risk pool
- This interim high-risk pool has consumer protections to ensure you get quality insurance.
- Insurers cannot discriminate against children based on pre-existing conditions.
- Insurers cannot discriminate against anyone based on pre-existing conditions
- Premiums will no longer be based on health status
- Shop for and compare affordable plans on a new online marketplace called an Exchange