I am a child.
Federal Health Reform helps children now.
For insurance plan years starting after September 23, 2010:
- Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage to children with pre-existing conditions
- Qualified health insurance plans will be required to provide pediatrician-recommended care for children such as immunizations and preventative care for infants, children, and adolescents, so you can grow and thrive. These preventive services will be covered with no cost-sharing
- MCHIP, which has successfully worked in partnership with Medicaid to cover kids, will continue
By 2014, health reform promises that:
- All kids will have access to affordable health coverage
- Middle income families will boost their bargaining power by purchasing health insurance through new exchanges and will have tax credits to ensure their coverage is affordable.
- Medicaid coverage expanded for all low-income families, allowing children and parents to be covered together
- A parent losing a job no longer means families also have to worry about becoming uninsured.